Chicago Marathon 2012

Chicago Marathon 2012
You Can Still Run For A Cause!

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Not MY friend!

Time for one of those "back in the day" stories, boys and girls!

Back in the day (circa Jan 1980) I was diagnosed with diabetes at the ripe old age of nine. My mother, who was also type 1, recognized the symptoms, and took me to the doctor who immediately sent me to hospital where I got all kinds of fun booklets about diabetes. They all infuriated me because dang! I was NINE! ;) and they were written for idiots!

Now that I'm closer to 39 I realize that all medical booklets are written for idiots, even when they're written for grown ups. ;)

Any way, I found my favorite book from back in the day so I thought I'd scan the cover and post it. It's priceless! btw, I was never convinced that Mr. Hypo was my friend!

No comments: