Chicago Marathon 2012

Chicago Marathon 2012
You Can Still Run For A Cause!

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

I go to Chicago next week for follow up. Sadly, I'm looking forward to it. I get a day away from work, and my esteemed co-workers and being on the train for 10-12hrs in a 36hr period, I have license to relax and just do nothing. I can't wait.

They'll be checking my drug levels and A1c. I have suspicions that my A1c will be higher then I'd like. I also need to discuss treatment options for the hideous mouth ulcers I get. They've gotten tiring. It's time be more aggressive about them even if it means the possibility of changing immunosupression medications.

I'm also looking forward to hearing whats going on research wise. I don't always hear anything new but it's interesting when I do. For obvious reasons I don't hear about individuals in the study but I tend to get the scoop on general trends and if I ask, about upcoming projects. I'm a dork. I actually read the entire report put out by the Collaborative Islet Transplant Registry (more then once even!), and Dr. Transplant and TCNE are pretty patient about answering questions I have about it. I've learned more about islet transplant then I ever thought I would when I first started this silly quest.

Soo hold your breath and wait! I'm sure I'll have something to say about it all late next week. ;)

1 comment:

Christine said...

Good luck with the appointment and I hope you're pleasantly surprised by the a1c.

I had a prof ask if I got an a1c done annually today.