Chicago Marathon 2012

Chicago Marathon 2012
You Can Still Run For A Cause!

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Encouragement goes a long way.

So today I was in line at the gas station all queued up to buy coffee. A woman was in front of me holding an apple. She kept eyeballing the candy bars nearby and then looking at the apple, over and over. I could almost see the thought process going on in her head.

Apple, or chocolate? Apple? Chocolate?

Finally, with visible resignation she reached towards the candy and I found myself whispering, "Don't do it!".

And she stopped.

I wasn't sure if she even heard me until after she paid for her apple and gas and walked past me on her way out the door,

and whispered, "Thank you".

Funny how (minus the coffee) I ate better today too.

Sometimes it's just good to know you're not in it alone.

No comments: