Chicago Marathon 2012

Chicago Marathon 2012
You Can Still Run For A Cause!

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Robots and Gallstones.

The gallbladder is coming out. Thursday. It's the one organ in my abdomen that's in the right place and it's jumping ship.

I've known for a while that I have gallstones but they've finally gotten annoying enough that my gallbladder needs to come out.

So tomorrow I'm off to Chicago for my quarterly appointment and surgery on Thursday. Dr. Transplant is going to do the surgery robotically and all I can think of is Logan's Run, because that movie seriously warped my impressionable brain way way back in the 70's when I first saw it. Now every time I think of robotic surgery I think of this scene and the machine going all bazerkers and shit.



So anyway, yay robots!

Maybe I'll tell Dr. Transplant he can give my gallbladder to someone that needs it more then me.

It's all about giving this year.

btw. this month's donation goes to Leader Dogs For The Blind.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Good luck with the surgery. How nice that you have your trusted doctor to do this for you. Here's to a speedy recovery and an end to your pain.