Chicago Marathon 2012

Chicago Marathon 2012
You Can Still Run For A Cause!

Sunday, October 17, 2010

More Derby

I think I'm in an abusive relationship with roller derby, and I love it.

I am sore like you wouldn't believe it today, not because I took some massive hit that is worth talking about or that I skated my booty off.

noooo

I got new wheels. It's exciting. The ones that came with my skates were not appropriate for the floor we skate on so I bought better, more maneuverable, way way pinker wheels and I fell on my butt in the middle of my kitchen floor 15 minutes after I put them on.

Can you say ouch boys and girls?

Practice today was pointless. I only lasted an hour and a half.

My ribs hurt, my shoulder is never going to heal, and I have a giant bruise on my right butt cheek.

However when I gave up on practice my blood sugar was 92.

So yeah, that's good.

oh and I finally picked a Derby name.

Black Islet

kinda has a ring to it, no?

1 comment:

Christine said...

Yessss!!!!! I love the name!

Stay safe, there, blacky.