Chicago Marathon 2012

Chicago Marathon 2012
You Can Still Run For A Cause!

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Labs Labs Labs Labs Labs

My latest A1c was 6.2. Not bad. It's higher then I'd like it but given the holidays and having been sick for the three weeks prior to my last blood draw I'll take it.

My cholesterol however is another story 269. Good lord! it went up 100 points since October. They've upped my Lipitor dose and maybe that will help. High cholesterol has been a constant battle for me since high school when it was first diagnosed. Heart disease runs in both sides of my family so time to nip the eating junk food trend in the bud before it gets out of control. I'm not so sure how much diet really effects my cholesterol at this point. Meds have always been my best option and I've never been much of a high fat food eater. That being said eating better won't cause harm and might actually be beneficial in other areas of my health. I"m trying to convince myself here people!!


Other lab results indicate I'm still anemic (no suprise given the amount of sleep I seem to need lately) and well everything else is normalish. :)

Have I said YayIslets today?

No comments: