Chicago Marathon 2012

Chicago Marathon 2012
You Can Still Run For A Cause!

Thursday, January 24, 2008

Interested in islet transplant?

I got an email from someone asking where they can find information about islet transplants and Dave, since I don't know which of the many forums I frequent that you found me on, I'll put my reply here for the world to see. ;)

Anyone interested in islet transplants can check out The Chicago Project and The University of Illinois Medical Center at Chicago's islet transplant program . If you have specific questions, I'm happy to answer them, but I have hard time with requests of "please tell me your experience", cause really, I started the process over three years ago. It's not easily summed up in one email.

If you happen to be on the dorkish side (no insult people, I include myself here) The Collaborative Islet Transplant Registry has more detailed information about the protocols, complications, side effects, stats and all the happy crap. There is also a map you can click on to find centers in North America, Europe and Australia if you want to contact a center closer to you.

so yeah, happy researching.

have I said YayIslets! yet today?

No comments: