Chicago Marathon 2012

Chicago Marathon 2012
You Can Still Run For A Cause!

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Marathon Time!

This weekend is the Chicago marathon.

NO, I'm not running, but I'm going to be there to cheer on Dr. Oberholzer and Amber and the other fabulous folks that are running for CellmatesOnTheRun.

If I haven't already talked about it enough, let me say it again. CellmatesOnTheRun is an international group of physician, nurses, researchers, staff and supporters of the Chicago Diabetes Project.

Chicago Diabetes Project
is in turn an international group of physician, researchers, nurses... you get the picture right?.... working to cure diabetes. UIC's islet transplant program is an integral part of CDP. I had my transplant there so of course I'm a big fan.

Let's be honest tho, I'm a big fan of anyone working as hard as the people at CDP to cure Diabetes. I figure cheering till I haave no voice left is the least I can do for them, considering everything they've done for me and diabetes research in general.

Anywho, I'll be there Sunday at Mile 25 (Michigan and 16th, on the west side of the street), Chicago.

Come join us.

The show starts at 7:30am.

yay!

No comments: