Chicago Marathon 2012

Chicago Marathon 2012
You Can Still Run For A Cause!

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bird's Gotta Visit the Doctor Too Ya Kno.- and an Islet Update, Kinda

Bean had his annual avian vet check on Friday and he has a cold so he's on antibiotics for ten days. He likes his medicine. It's all strawberry flavored and most delicious judging by his behavior. Today I set him on the counter by the syringe after he got his meds and he started chewing on the end in a kind of "gimme more!" manner. I won't complain, Butter (Green Bean's cage mate) despises the whole ritual and clamps his beak shut until he gets so mad at me he starts biting. I can sneak the medicine in then but he usually manages to spit out it all over me. He's a stubborn little bugger and I'm sure it doesn't help any that the entire time Green Bean yells because durn it! he wants the attention and treats! *sigh* I'm telling you its just rough being feathered and loved.

and on the islet front.

I have nothing to report. All is well. In the past month I've had all of one blood sugar reading over 200, one over 150 and the rest have been between 95 and 140. Euglycemia has settled in. I like it.

Now if can just get my thyroid in order I'll be all normal like.

and won't that be weird?

yayislets!

No comments: