Chicago Marathon 2012

Chicago Marathon 2012
You Can Still Run For A Cause!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Labs Labs Labs

I'm not talking dogs here.

All of the whining I've done over the past six months or so about my A1c creeping up and my goofy random numbers in the +200's, and this quarters A1c was down to 5.5. I've never had a 5.5 not even in the first year after transplant. Apparently mine islets like the Cellcept better then they liked Sirolimus.

My fasting c-pep was 1.3.

Per usual, my cholesterol is up, so Dr. Endocrinologist switched me from Lipitor to Crestor. hopefully this change will also be good for me.

My TSH (thyroid stimulating hormone) was high, possibly because of the switch in immuno supression meds so my thyroid meds were increased again.

Everything else was all normal like, except for my low vitamin D level which is more likely due to the fact that I live in a state with little sunshine this time of year then to do with anything diabetes or transplant related.

I'm happy about the A1c. Confused a bit because my islets seem to like to randomly function perfectly and give me a most excellent A1c and then go back to their usual goofiness and pop out a high one, so I'm not holding my breath until April. if my A1c is most excellent like again in three months, I'll celebrate.

Oh yeah and my hemoglobin level was 12.6. I'm so donating blood next month if I'm given permission.

yaycellcept!

yayislets!

btw wish me lower TSH levels in five weeks so my stinking energy level gets back to normal. This sleeping 15 hrs a day bites and its bad for my social, erm online life too!

No comments: