Chicago Marathon 2012

Chicago Marathon 2012
You Can Still Run For A Cause!

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Millennium Park Chicago

When I go to Chicago for my quarterly follow ups with UIC's islet transplant team I usually stay downtown at Hostel International Chicago. HI Chicago is on Congress at Wabash, which is about five blocks from Millennium Park. If you live in the Chicago area and have never been there I recommend and if you happen to be touristing in Chicago, skip Navy Pier and see the park. You won't be disappointed.

While I was there I took some photos with my junky camera phone. I'd have used a real camera but well, I failed to bring mine with. Such is life.



Crown Fountain consists of two towers facing each other with a shallow reflecting pool between them that people wade in. The towers are made of glass bricks. Each tower has video of various faces staring out smiling, not smiling. you get the picture.



The fountain spits. Cool beans!



Flowers in Lurie Garden, Millennium Park. There are flowers everywhere in Chicago. Millennium Park has a lot of flowers that grow wild where I live. It's odd to see them in the middle of the city.



Even odder were the bunnies we came across eating lilies. Pigeons I expect in cities, Squirrels, sure. The bunnies just caught me off guard and it seemed quite used to being stared at by goofy camera toting tourists. ;)

No comments: