Chicago Marathon 2012

Chicago Marathon 2012
You Can Still Run For A Cause!

Friday, July 24, 2009

Why I Love My Islets

Summertime around here is one crazy whirlwind of a season. Let me explain.

My partner and I have a party rentals / kids entertainment business that for the most part functions April through October every year. In addition to this we both have day jobs that provide steady if somewhat meager wages and medical benefits.

The party business has a bounce house, popcorn poppers, cotton candy machines, and sno cone machines and in addition to that we also do face painting, and balloon twisting for things like birthday parties, church functions and corporate events. This season has been busy to say the very least and this leads me to the reason for the title of today's blog entry.

Today was a perfect example of why I love my islets.

I got up at 3:30am to get ready for my day job.

Worked from 4:30 - 9:00. It was a short day, thank Buddha.

10am we picked up a popcorn popper from a week long rental.

12noon bounce house set up. Now mind you, the bounce house weighs 275lbs, requires four 50lb sand bags to weigh it down, and the only equipment we use to get said items where they need to be are our van and a dolly. (can you say exhausting boys and girls?)

1pm -4pm balloon twisting, and general supervision of 50 kids in and out of the bounce house while their parents take full advantage of an open bar and the crazy lady with the balloons. Meanwhile Moe drove back across town to drop off a sno-cone rental.

4pm tear down, roll up, and load bounce house back into van, while trying to keep curious kids out of the way.
.
5pm drive back across town again to pick up sno cone machine.

6pm get home, unload popper, sno-cone machine, clean and sanitize machines and get supplies ready for tomorrow.

8pm, order a pizza and realize the last thing I ate was a bag of Cheetos at 6:30am.

8:15pm test my blood sugar and its 98.

and that is today's reason for loving my islets. ;)

yaysummer!

No comments: