Chicago Marathon 2012

Chicago Marathon 2012
You Can Still Run For A Cause!

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sad

After reading this article, I just wanted to cry.

When I was her age my neighbors prayed over me to "cure" me of my diabetes and then blamed me and my parents for not having enough faith. My mother told me god gave us doctors and insulin and ignoring that is as much of a "sin" as "not having enough faith".

Hopefully some other child's parents will come to the same conclusion before their child suffers the same horrible fate as Madeline.

That poor child.

2 comments:

Donna said...

I wrote about this today, too. It made me sick. I don't know why some people don't see insulin as a gift from God - especially when it comes to helping/saving their child. Such a sad story.

parrotletzoo said...

My sentiments exactly.

why can't people see that miracles sometimes come in the from of medicine?