Chicago Marathon 2012

Chicago Marathon 2012
You Can Still Run For A Cause!

Sunday, May 18, 2008

For Lisa

My sister died today. She was 44. She drank a lot and had hepatitis in her 20s. Neither of which are good for the liver. She got cirrhosis, and then diabetes and pulmonary hypertension and an infection in her blood and spine. She was sick for a long long time. We knew it was coming, but it doesn't make it any easier.

Last year she saw a recipe somewhere someplace for what I and my other siblings called Beer Butt Chicken. I don't know what the original recipe was called but here it is. So, Lisa, where ever you are on your travels, this one is for you....

Beer Butt Chicken

1 whole chicken
2 tablespoons olive oil
salt
pepper
whatever freeking herbs you like, dried
12 pack of cheep beer in a can

-clean the chicken
-massage on olive oil
-salt
-pepper
-give it a rub down with some freeking herbs
-open a can of beer, drink 1/3rd of the can, shove the can up the chickens butt
-cook over medium type indirect heat with the grill cover on until its done.
-drink other 11 beers
-order pizza instead.

enjoy

I love you.

1 comment:

Penny Ratzlaff said...

I'm sorry for your loss.