Chicago Marathon 2012

Chicago Marathon 2012
You Can Still Run For A Cause!

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

islets: the saga continues

or not so much. ;)

My A1c a month ago was 6.8. Dr. Endo put me on Januvia which has worked quite well along with a newly procured obsession with low carbing it and my A1c this month is down to 6.4. Yay.

They did metabolic testing. IV glucose tolerance testing and glucagon stimulation tests to see how my islets are function and I don't yet have those results. I go bac in about 8 weeks for more tests and we'll see where we are then.

Dr. Thyroid said all is well. I need one more set of thyroid function tests done to ensure that all of my thyroid tissue is indeed gone and I can say I'm cancer free. woot! woot! After that it's yearly labs for me. I can go back to my usual Endo for those.

And that's it. There is nothing exciting so write about, which is good. I feel so euglycemic and normal and all.

It makes me want to run out and eat ice cream!

yayislets!

No comments: