Chicago Marathon 2012

Chicago Marathon 2012
You Can Still Run For A Cause!

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Meters

I know for a fact I'm not the only one out there that has a meter obsession. I have a spare dresser in my walk in closet that I keep junk like art supplies, photos, birthday cards from my mother and as of today, 54 meters.

54!

When did this happen? I blame others on the intertube for my addiction. You know who you are! Only six years ago I was a sane woman with only, oh say, 5 or 10 meters. Now I've fallen into the realm of insanity. I think I have every brand out there minus Walmart's version because I just refuse to go there.

I've thought about donating some but once they're opened they're considered biohazards. I'd rate them and post it but that's been done ad nauseum, so unless someone has a fancy new fan dangled meter out there they want me to review for them. I'm not going there either.

So what does a girl do? So far I'm planning on keeping them so that in 20yrs I can say. Ohhh! I have THAT old dinosaur! I have them in they're own special drawer with the rest of my diabetes supplies, boxes and user guides and everything!

yeah, not much else to say on this one. *sigh*

I'm a dork.

2 comments:

Mortis said...

Start a museum. My wife makes me get rid of a bunch every few months. I've had 14-15 in the last year, only ever paid for 1. Right now I'm down to 3.

Christine said...

Nah, I think you're the only one ;)