Chicago Marathon 2012

Chicago Marathon 2012
You Can Still Run For A Cause!

Saturday, June 21, 2008

No Time For Diabetes

I have a day job. Work is busy. I have school in the evenings with godawful amounts of homework for only six credits, and I have a business that functions mostly on the weekend but still, its an additional 10-20 hrs a week I have shiet to do. So you get where I'm going with this. I don't have time for Diabetes.

It's a good thing I have functioning islets because, lately diabetes just takes way too much time. I'm seriously thinking about giving it up for my summer solstice resolutions or some other major holiday. Meanwhile, I'm still schlepping around my meter and oodles of pill bottles and logging and all that happy crap because I feel guilty when I don't. 28 years of chronic illness will do that to you even if you've been "cured".

But back to the original subject, I don't really have time for everything in my life and I think for once diabetes may just be the thing I can push aside for awhile, at least until school is done for summer and business has slowed down again for the fall/winter season.

Two years ago, I would never had entertained the idea of allowing myself to forget diabetes even for the day. It's yet another reason why I'm glad I had the islet transplant in spite of everything I had to go through to get here.

Have I mentioned today that I love my islets!?

So, here's a shout out to my donor, their family for thinking of others at a time when most people aren't able to think past their own grief and to my doctors for doing the work they do.

Yayislets!

btw. go sign up to be an organ donor. Don't wait. do it now.
thanks.

No comments: