Chicago Marathon 2012

Chicago Marathon 2012
You Can Still Run For A Cause!

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Once Again

One more family member bites the dust.

My aunt died Monday. She was 92. She raised my father so she was a grandmother type figure to me. As kids my siblings and I spent weeks at her place every summer. We saw my aunt and uncle at every holiday, got letters and cards at birthdays and anniversaries. She was my model for being a good aunt to my nieces and nephews. And I was crap and haven't seen her in a couple of years, mostly because it wasn't convenient. How shitty is that?

Aunts and grandparents get old. kids grow up, life moves on and I know she would have understood that, just like I understand why I don't very often see my nieces and nephews that are grown.

But still, you know how is goes

shoulda
woulda
coulda

but I didn't...

No comments: