Chicago Marathon 2012

Chicago Marathon 2012
You Can Still Run For A Cause!

Sunday, December 21, 2008

How Many Layers Can A Girl Wear?

It's seriously cold here. I am currently wearing long underwear and two pair of pants, a tank top, two t-shirts, a sweatshirt and two pairs of socks. And I'm still cold. Why don't you just turn the heat up, you ask? Well, let me tell you and you know I will. My partner is one of those freakishly warm people who enjoys subzero temperatures and high winds. And I live in an old old apartment building, so no matter what I do, it's still cold and really there's only so much I'm willing to spend on heating when it's pointless.

So I layer. It's not attractive. Good thing I've been married 20yrs and Melissa no longer cares what I'm wearing as long as I shut up about the cold.

What you ask does that have to do with diabetes or islet transplantation?

absolutely nothing.

if you want related material, my bloodsugars have been awesome this week.

Yaycellcept!

My sister's doctor but her on glipizide for the last two weeks of her pregnancy and she's been testing her blood sugar 6x a day like a good momma. I'm so proud of her. She grew up watching our mom and I with diabetes and she's doing it for the new squeak so she has some incentive but still. You gotta give it to her for not just deciding that for two weeks they'd be fine on diet/exercise. Diabetes aside, she's a better mom then I'd ever be. I've always known that. It's why I love her. She's given me kids to claim as my own and spoil. I'm keeping my fingers and toes and eyeballs crossed that her gestational diabetes leaves and that diabetes doesn't rear its ugly head again. In her or her kids.

Geh, I hate this stinking disease.


Have I mentioned lately how much I love islets?

Yay!

No comments: