Chicago Marathon 2012

Chicago Marathon 2012
You Can Still Run For A Cause!

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I heart islets.

Since I had my Daclizumab infusion three weeks ago I haven't really felt like eating. I'm not a good eater. I admit I have food issues, but after the infusion I just wasn't hungry. It wasn't a "food's a pain the booty, I"m not eating" kind of thing. It was just a non-issue. Tonight that seems to have changed and I think I made up for three weeks in one sitting.

Ohh the calories!

We went grocery shopping, which is always a bad thing to do on an empty stomach, much less an 'omg, I think I'd eat that tree over there right now if I could" kind of stomach. We bought a ton of food, cause did I mention I was hungry?

Lucky for me (and not so lucky for Melissa, who would live on pizza, Doritos and beer if i let her), I actually LIKE vegetables and such type foods that are good for me so we bought a lot produce. and peanuts (I've been craving peanuts all day, go figure) and we also bought some candy in the check out which I promptly stuffed in my face as soon as I got in the car. 15 minutes later we were at our favorite local diner/dive and I tested my blood sugar. 72. I'm willing to bet I was lowish before the candy considering how crazy hungry I was.

Dinner was cheddar broccoli soup and one of my favorite foods, hippie hash. Hippie hash consists of hash browns, green pepper, broccoli, tomato, onion, olives, mushrooms, feta cheese and if requested, tempeh. I requested! H.H contains a ton of carby potato goodness and to top it off I had an eggnog shake, which I'm sure contained more carbs then I've eaten in a month. Mmmm, yummy!

anyway, the whole point of this rub-it-in-your-face post? At 2hours post prandial my blood sugar is 124. I love my islets, especially when they're playing nice and doing what they're suppposed to do. I was expecting over 200 because that seems to be the way of things lately when I over do it on the carbs, but not tonight. They were perfectly behaved.

So I'm patting my self on the belly and saying "good islets, nice liver".

oh,

and

Yaytempeh!

If you haven't tried it. I recommend.

No comments: